Thursday, 1 March 2012

Spandex #6


The sixth issue of Martin Eden’s Spandex is out now, and it’s another corker (with a lovely cover).  This really is the most enjoyable super-hero comic around right now.  The last few issues have reminded me a lot of Claremont and Byrne’s classic X-Men run – this issue even has a bit of a ‘Dark Phoenix’ moment – and as those were the comics that got me hooked on comics in the first place, that’s no bad thing at all.  This issue even comes with three free mini-comics, written by Martin and drawn by other artists.  Cherry Blossom girls is drawn by T’sao Wei, Hag is drawn by Garry McLaughlin, and Bear-Man & Twinkle is drawn by, err, me.  Yes, this is a shameless plug.  But even if I hadn’t drawn Bear-Man & Twinkle – which is a lot of fun – I’d still be plugging Spandex.  All six issues are available to order here, and in May, Titan Books will publishing a hardcover collection of the first three issues.  That’s listed in the latest Previews and is also available to pre-order from all the usual online retailers.  If I were you, I’d go and order a copy right now.


No comments:

Post a Comment