Tuesday, 6 May 2014

Shortlisted!



I am over the frigging moon to announce that my in-progress, autobiographical graphic novel, 'Sack, Crack & Back (& Brain)', has made the shortlist for this year's Myriad Editions First Graphic Novel Competition. The winner will be announced at an event at the British Library on May 23rd.  I will be there to show off a few pages and talk about my work with the judges before the winner is announced and receives a prize of £1,000,000 in cash and a kiss on the lips from TV's Susanna Reid (at least this is what I understood the prize to be when I entered but now I'm starting to hear rumours that the first prize is just a publishing deal).  

I am the only man on the shortlist and my graphic novel is mostly about my testicles - images like the one above are not censored in the actual work - so this could be a very awkward evening.  If you would like to come along and watch a 45-year-old, overweight, socially awkward man make a fool of himself talking about his testicles in front of a room full of people, tickets are available from here.  I have yet to decide whether or not I will be wearing trousers and underpants on the evening. 

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Rob! Looks like we're pitted against each other ( along with a few others) for that million quid. Better get in training for the mud wrestling (or whatever) final on the 23rd. Looking forward to your balls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Francesca. I was pleased to see your name on the list too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Rob. Sounds like a interesting project. Here's hoping you land that publishing deal. Whatever happens hope you enjoy the night.

    ReplyDelete